Committed to the improvement of the breed by breeding for health, temperament and better structure in dogs that have the ability to herd.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I am officially crazy

I have entered Ell in Foundation Agility at the Lucky Dog training/boarding/grooming building in Detroit Lakes, MN. They also do gundog events, herding events, obedience, rally, conformation and do CGC tests, CERF clinics etc. A great place to be had and only 30 miles from my house! That is about a THIRD of the distance that the FMKC is. Ell would be on a lengthy waiting list in Fargo and would have had to of been on a different day than Sadie's. Something I cannot afford to do ...drive two nights a week in a row to Fargo. So DL should be much closer and will give me a different approach to training....Ell is ready....but am I? :)

5 comments:

penni said...

Our training club (which is only fifteen minutes from my home)offers three class sessions per night. We have two indoors (Obedience or Agility Prep) and one Agility outdoors. I try REALLY hard to get my classes back to back. That way I can work with two dogs in one evening. I always try to assist with one class and back up the third dog's training to that class.

So, if that's possible, it will make your training life a little simpler. Go, Ell (and Garrett)!

Dawn said...

Enjoy it Garrett. I find its a good thing to train with new people from time to time. My agility trainer is great. But whenever I train with someone else, I get little snippets of stuff that works well, or can be incorporated into my other training.

Sarah said...

Not to nit-pick here, but don't you think you were "officially crazy" at least 2 or 3 dogs ago??? Or at the very least, I think that threshold was crossed when you brought home the hairy furball that requires (gasp) grooming. :-} Speaking of Mitcham, I KNOW you own a camera.........

Anonymous said...

Have fun, our local Obed. club doesn't do much in the way of training so we mostly don't train in our back yard. PJ is entered in his 3rd and 4th Rally trial next weekend so hopefully we can get his 3rd leg. Poor guy has been ignored since Feb.

I'm glad you found a closer place and I agree with Sarah, I'm sure you were crazy before.

Sarah said...

It must have been just a completely innocent oversight that yesterday was Mitcham Monday, and yet, no pix of the big teddy bear...