Committed to the improvement of the breed by breeding for health, temperament and better structure in dogs that have the ability to herd.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 1 group photos

Group photo. The girls are the merles, the boys are the blacks. All look to be brindle pointed.
Well the whelp went as normally as expected. The only issue was the last two pups got stuck in the birth canal as they got hung up with placenta from the previous pups. They were delivered without a sac around them, unlike the first 5, so were not viable when they were brought into the world. We tried our hardest! Live and learn. We did what we could for them and am happy with the four healthy ones.

Super huge thanks to my vet for being 'on call' for me when she wouldn't do it for anyone else, and also many thanks to Wanda for driving up the 3 hours to come give me some peace of mind with the whelp. Needless to say if I had to do it alone, I would have been a nervous wreck. It sure made me think twice about having any MORE puppies!

This little girl has the most interesting marking on her face. Where there would normally be a white blaze, she has blue! I've never seen one like that before so it will be fun to watch her (and the others) grow up and see what the markings do.....
I had to lighten up this photo to show you the head marking on the blue girl, and can assure you the black boy behind her IS black and not brindle :) Don't want any more rumors starting! >:)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

They look great! That lil girl is sure fasinating alright, I look forward to seeing how she grows. You deserve a huge pat on the back yourself mate. :-)

penni said...

I'm sorry your first litter had such twists and turns. I've never before seen a dog with a solid "blaze". I think we'll all be watching her grow to see how the blaze spreads.

She looks like she has things under control so you might catch a nap.

dreameyce said...

I hope that blue girl is SQ, and your keeper, or ends up with a camera hound that blogs! How cool!

Lane.like.the.Street said...

Feel free to send me any or all of the pups. :oP I was sorry to hear of the losses but the remaining four look strong and perfect! What a cute little family they are!

coopercreek said...

Congrats Garrett! Cute pups!!

Holly said...

They are beautiful Garrett! And the blue girl does have the most interesting markings!

Kady Cannon said...

Those who know me know I like interesting markings. Cool.

Kim said...

She has a thumb print smudge! Her nose shall be filled in within a day at that rate!

Congrats on the babies!

Traci said...

Congrats.... pretty babies.... :) Sorry about the losses tho :( I'm sure that's difficult! Love on the little ones! I can't wait to watch them grow!!

Cynthia said...

What a good job Garrett. First births are hard....for all mamas as well as their support team. You both did extremely well. Yeah Zoe!

Sherilyn said...

Looking good!! Can't wait to watch them grow! :) Now get some rest, G!!

Léo said...

Beautiful babies. It'll be fun to watch them grow.
Congratulations!!