Committed to the improvement of the breed by breeding for health, temperament and better structure in dogs that have the ability to herd.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Such a Happy dog


Taken yesterday. He is SUCH a happy camper, even without his rear working. His heart is full of love, unconditionally to me, and for that I will try my hardest for him. I love the big goofy O.

Not much improvement on the movement side, but he waits for me to pick up his rear legs and then he starts to run with his front legs! I have to keep up with him and I'm glad I have a sling coming (thanks Sarah!) so I don't have to bend over so much :) Both of our spirits are up.

Its just a lot with 5 puppies left that I have to carry out to potty AND Oliver. Its not a lot more work, just more in my mind mentally to go over.

Its worth it :)

9 comments:

Holly said...

I am so glad for you both that he is managable and happy.

Unknown said...

so glad to hear that your oliver is happy and at home with you, i truly hope he will continue to improve-he is a beautiful boy!i can't even imagine taking out the 5 puppies and oliver, good thing you are young and strong Garrett.
brodie is getting his necks and loving them:-)))

Janine's Mom said...

Yay!!

Let me know when you are ready for a cart if one is needed and I'll send you the info about the various kinds available.

Michelle said...

I know what you mean by something being "a lot," even when it does not really add up to that much more time and/or effort. The mental/emotional burden can be quite a load, even when it is something worth doing. I hope you are down to two puppies soon.

Sarah said...

Tap, tap, tap. Um, I gotta have your address to send the sling! Text me and I'll mail it over lunch, I brought it with me to work.

Sarah said...

OK, it's on the way, G-unit. Priority Mail, special delivery for the O.

Baledwr said...

Someone should be ashamed of themselves.

Cardis carry IVDD. Cardis also carry HD and a variety of other lovely things. Some breeders bury their heads in the sand and don't deal with it...I've heard that rant before.

I've bred dogs (of different activity levels) who have gone down in the back, had premature growth plate closure, had bad hips (sigh)...there isn't a surefire way of either predicting it or preventing it.

Don't worry about what some people say. He's possibly predisposed to back issues and the jump caused it. Things happen, we can't wrap them in cotton. You know I lost Pie off a table at 10 weeks, right? WIth 3 people there, sh*t happens.

Ok, rant over. Weights all sound good. Chin up and hopefully you'll find puppy homes soon! Trust me people with these parents they should make outstanding pets ;)

Baledwr said...

oops I put that in the wrong post, well you get the idea!

Qwaynt said...

Garrett
Check with Corgi-aid they have a cart program... where they let you use them I don't know if it is for rescue dog only.

Another thing you might want to check is see if Oliver's back issue could be Fibrocartilaginous Embolism (FCE)