Committed to the improvement of the breed by breeding for health, temperament and better structure in dogs that have the ability to herd.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wadena's Tornado

While I was away at to the Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene, Oregon (28 hours straight there), there was and F4 Tornado that was in Wadena. It started in the park across from my very large senior apartments that I maintain year round yard maintenance. Over half of the apartments are a complete loss. All the trees are gone. The garages and some living quarters are gone. I was away.

The city did not let any IN or OUT of the city for four days and after two of them, allowed only those with permits from their county courthouse to get in. I am finally able to go in tomorrow and try to start helping my clients dig out. Lord knows with all the rain the grass will need to be mowed. Along with tree cutting/trimming, bagging up of all the insulation. piling of debris.

I'm going to be a very busy boy the next week or so.

Oregon was fun! I got to see my Zoe x Huxley pup, Minnie while I was out there, and her owner Missy. I also got to see Carolyn and Emily too. Mandy had a 'thing' on sunday so I couldn't stop to see her, so I didn't get to meet her yet. You'll have to check my farm blog for some photos when I get caught up (both tornado and sheep gathering).

For those who are curious go to www.wadena.org for some other photos of the tornado or google it on facebook.

No comments: