Committed to the improvement of the breed by breeding for health, temperament and better structure in dogs that have the ability to herd.

Monday, August 17, 2009

CWCCWR Regional Specialty

Greetings fellow bloggers!

I am finally home and finally functioning :) I have a lot of work to do today but wanted to bring you all up to speed on what went on at the Western Reserve Specialty!

First off many thanks to those who made this show possible! The ring stewards, the catered lunches, the meeting of other blogger friends (Kate says way more on her blog than in person!) and Jeri was so much fun to meet and talk to and listen to Vivian and Kathy give puppy evals. I learn a lot when I do this listening!

Many thanks to Joanne and Ferris for letting me stay in the camper again and set up with them, and for taking me all over NE Ohio and western PA in the following days after the WR. Photos should be coming sooner than later :)

In my dogs' news, Justice was in the 9-12 puppy class. All three days of regular and sweeps classes he was the only dog. The good news was I still earned Sweeps money so I cannot complain :)

Ell was entered in Open two days and on her first day under breeder judge Kim Neilsen, she was awarded 4th place in the tough open bitch class. His comments were (verbatum) "I think this bitch is a lovely, typey bitch, much like the 3rd place bitch (it was Ell's sister Flash) and that she moves the same coming to you as the 3rd place bitch does. He would like to see more fill of muzzle but other than that thought she was a lovely side mover and excelled in breed type.

Flash, Ell's littersister was 3rd that day under Kim Neilsen, and then won the open bitch class on Saturday under breeder judge Nancy Cunliffe and then on Sunday won the Open bitch class. I know on Saturday under Nancy Cunliffe, Flash was Reserve Winner's bitch and Flash/Ell's grandmother Hannah (Merrymoon Noblestar Hot Ice) was Best Veteran Bitch and Best Opposite Sex!! She is 11 1/2 years old! Talk about a great day for Merrymoon! I was so happy for Barb Hoffman, my mentor, and her winnings! On Friday Hunter, aka Merrymoon Firestorm was Best Veteran Dog and Hannah was Best Veteran Bitch. Truly a testimony to Barb's sound breeding program who can have an 11 1/2 year old and a 13 year old in veterans and still be competitive with the younger dogs and look much younger than the other veterans out there! Ok I'll stop gushing :)

I had entered Ell in A-O-H on the sunday supported entry and during the final lineup for Winner's Bitch the judge remarked how lovely his lineup of bitches were, including the single entry classes. that was great to hear :)

Its nice when you can go to the largest specialty in the world for Cardigans and place in competitive classes under breeder judges. It sure makes the all breed shows and judges seem a lot less important :)

2 comments:

Jeri said...

I'm glad you had a good trip! (and got a placement with Ell, always nice!) It was great to meet you and chat for a while.

Dawn said...

Glad you had fun! See you this weekend at the local show.