Committed to the improvement of the breed by breeding for health, temperament and better structure in dogs that have the ability to herd.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Updates

Yesterday I spent the afternoon bathing and blow drying all 9 Cardigans. I thought I'd have time to dremel nails after farm chores but by the time I got in from the barns I was really sore. Or so I thought. TODAY I am sore. I guess the Briards' turn at "Spa Day" will wait until tomorrow.

I am waiting for the snow, having finished my landscaping and fall clean ups now about three weeks ago. Its been seasonably warm (around freezing or a bit higher) so no snow, and although I'm catching up on house work, farm repairs and the like, it would be nice to make a little income :)

That being said I have a lead on yet another job that I could do 'part' time 3 weeks a month for just a few hours each day. I think it would be right up my alley (read: degree) and I will post more when I know more.

I have entered the St. Cloud dog show. Ava is in fabulous coat and I'm excited to get her Grand Champion title finished. She has 3 grand champion majors already from one weekend as a Special, so am eager to see if she can earn a few more GCH majors. St Cloud will also be Margot (the Briard)'s first REAL show. The Volvo will be packed. I think I need a luggage rack.

I am not going to have any more litters until I can place the two puppies from my last litter that I still need to place. Cole and Cleary are both clear red pups that are house/crate/leash trained, have been to Puppy Kindergarten, well socialized (thanks to my friends!) and are ready to have homes of their own. If you know of someone who is looking for a new family member please send them my way. I will get updated photos as soon as I can.

I am planning on doing St. Paul as usual (if funds allow) and then we won't be doing any shows until the National. I'm hoping the dogs will be in good coat for it and hope that my lambs will be all here before I head to Ohio!

No comments: