Committed to the improvement of the breed by breeding for health, temperament and better structure in dogs that have the ability to herd.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Upcoming Events

2012 will be a year of continued progress in the realm of health testing, as well as hopefully moving forward with my breeding program, and my involvement with the CWCCA (our parent club).

In February Ell will be due with puppies. This will be her 2nd litter and I'm cautiously optimistic about this breeding. Pups will be brindles or possibly blacks.

In March when Brewer, Ballantyne and Bolin turn two, I will have their hips/elbows done. Ava will also be done as when she turned two she was in standing heat. Four dogs to have tested at the same time?! $$$ I am going to be paying for that for awhile! But it is very important to me and for the health of my dogs. Im not anxious to breed any of them yet, as I will hopefully have an Ell pup to grow on, as well as a pup out of Minnie that should be coming this way if all goes well sometime this summer.

In April the Cardigan National is going to be happening in Ohio. Since I missed last years in Texas (the first I've missed since I started going in 2008) I told myself I'd never miss another one. Its the chance once a year I get to see some of my Cardi friends! Aside from email or facebook, it is the only face to face opportunity I would get to see my friends!

In May I will be frantically finalizing the CWCCA Supported Entry at the FMKC shows June 1, 2 and 3 in Fargo, ND. I am member in charge but have delegated much to others so I am not running around the show site trying to help the FMKC AND the Supported Entry at the same time. Margot the Briard will also be showing there with her half sister and full sister hopefully so that should be fun to catch up with the Briarders.

I will not be going to the Western Reserve this year as Jon Kimes, one of my mentors will be judging one day. Since he and Barb and I co-bred a litter I am unable to show under him, which is totally fine. He's hard on my dogs without showing under him ;) ha ha ha!!

The rest of the year is up in the air. I'm not sure which shows i will be able to show at or go to. Will depend on my work schedule and the judges I guess, and where the majors may or may not be.

No comments: